Estate Planning Lawyers Serving the Greater San Jose, Santa Cruz and Monterey Peninsula Areas
Led by Steven D. Penrose, a Certified Specialist in Estate Planning, Trust & Probate Law, the attorneys at Penrose Chun & Gorman LLP prepare individually tailored, tax-sensitive estate planning documents designed to accomplish our client’s goals, simplify the estate administration process, and minimize or eliminate potential transfer taxes. Our areas of representation include:
- Revocable Living Trusts: We prepare revocable living trusts and assist our clients with funding their trust with their assets, thereby ensuring that the assets held in the trust are distributed in accordance with the terms of the trust and avoid probate.
- Wills: We prepare simple wills for clients, as well as pour-over wills, which are wills which are designed to work in unison with a revocable living trust. We also prepare wills that name guardians for our clients’ minor children.
- Durable Financial Powers of Attorney: We prepare durable financial powers of attorney designating a person or persons to manage the financial affairs of a client in the event they become incapacitated.
- Advance Health Care Directives: We prepare advance health care directives allowing clients to designate a person or persons to make medical decisions on their behalf in the event they are unable to express their wishes with regard to health care, life support, and other important medical and end-of-life considerations.
- Advanced Estate Planning: We have particular expertise in planning involving large and complex estates, and are known for crafting creative estate planning strategies including the use of irrevocable trusts, business succession planning and charitable planning. For further information on our services in this area, please see our Advanced Estate Planning page.
Providing Complete Estate Planning Services
The estate attorneys at Penrose Chun & Gorman LLP provide comprehensive estate planning services, including:
- Developing a plan for the possibility of future incapacity and planning for various contingencies
- A thorough analysis of the proper and improper use of various probate avoidance techniques
- Careful consideration of estate, gift and generation-skipping transfer tax consequences
- Ensuring that property is properly titled and trusts are appropriately funded
- Careful coordination of beneficiary designations on life insurance, retirement benefit accounts and other assets with the overall estate plan
Contact Our Experienced Estate Planning Attorneys
Estate planning matters often involve complex tax issues and particular sensitivity to family dynamics. Our attorneys have significant experience in trust and estate litigation, giving them unique insight into how to draft estate plans to prevent future problems from arising. Contact Penrose Chun & Gorman LLP for a consultation to discuss your estate planning needs.
Ask an expert attorney:
Not sure where to start? Send us an email by filling out the form below. We’ll get back to you within 24-48 hours.
Steven D. Penrose
Practice Areas: Estate Planning, Estate and Trust Litigation, Business Succession Planning, Probate Litigation, Estate and Gift Tax Planning, Estates and Trusts, Fiduciary Law, Powers of Attorney, Advance Health Care Directives, Real Estate Law, Entity Formation, Civil Litigation
Edward L. Chun
Practice Areas: Real Estate Litigation, Trust and Estate Litigation, Business/General Litigation, Civil Litigation
J. Kenneth Gorman
Practice Areas: Estate and Trust Litigation, Civil Litigation, Construction Defects Litigation, Personal Injury, Business Litigation, Real Estate Litigation, Agricultural Litigation, Fire Damage Claims
Anna M. Penrose-Levig
Practice Areas: Estate Planning, Civil Litigation, Estates and Trusts, Powers of Attorney, Advance Health Care Directives
Practice Areas: Estate Planning, Trust Administration, Probate Litigation, Civil Litigation